Friday 9 May 2014

In a fleeting moment, all is ours

Hello all! I hope you are all having a wonderful Friday!

I had a dream I was hanging out with Jay Z last night, Rita Ora says he smells of clean trees, I can't confirm this but I will say he was a very nice man.

It was meant to be an 'Art' morning in the Bluecoat Chambers today, however it has been scuppered by my brothers windscreen wipers which majestically juddered to an unfortunate halt.  He has gone to a garage.  I have been left with my camera. And my music.

No disappointment, instead I seek to make my morning my own (what? I sound like an 'X' factor contestant hahaha)I have a couple of hours doing things I love to do - listen to music, look at art and stay gussied up.

Rizzle Kicks 'Get down with the trumpets'

I use the camera as a useful tool
this didn't work



Procul Harum 'A whiter shade of pale'


but I am rather fond of a fuzzy shot


Ultravox 'Vienna'

my arms?



Tracey Ullman 'They don't know'

I decided on this, with little red
my Oxfam coat
 



The Hollies 'He ain't heavy'


Dexy's Midnight Runners 'Geno'


The Old Girl was going to get another day out
Bought about 5 years ago at a second hand bag event

Andy Williams 'To dream the impossible dream'


Paloma Faith 'Do you want the truth or something beautiful?'



 Propanganda 'Duel'

My brother's book



Amy Winehouse 'Monkey Man'



Portishead 'Glory Box'

AMAJU - Silver Heels
is one of a series of self portraits that explore Amaju's lived experience....................Amaju's photographs are  transgressive intrusions into the 'norms' of mainstream culture, yet he deliberately adopts the rhetoric of the beautiful studio print in order to take it in new directions.





Bugsy Malone 'We could have been anything that we wanted to be'

Eleanor Antin
100 Boots
From 1971-1973 Antin mailed a series of 51 photographs to around 1000 addresses.
He viewed the 50 pairs of boots as a single persona.  'They' travelled from California to New York

I like this a lot and I think the same is true about second hand clothes.  I like that they are a still having a marvelous time travelling around and having adventures.






 'While my guitar gently weeps' The Beatles
It's 'Our Song'
always has been.




Pavarotti - 'Nessum Dorma'

I'm joining in with Anne 'Wear something of your Mom's'
My Mum is a tiny little pixie
but I got this silver torque bangle for Christmas




and linking to Sacramento tomorrow 'Share in style - Pink'


I leave you with Jack
and his impression of Cher
which I can do, not Cher, but Jack
hahaha
I'm doing it now!!



Have a wonderful weekend!!!

See you all next week
and thank you for all of your gorgeous comments

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

33 comments:

  1. Home alone with your music and your camera, and look at the fun you had! Cannot believe it, but i owned a bracelet just like that one when I was a teenerager! Have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandra,

    Clearly you have much in common with your brother regarding a love of the camera! We love the idea of the 50pairs of boots travelling all around the world and being photographed in so many different situations. Great fun but, also, an interestingly creative insight into different environments, places and people. As you say, there are parallels with second hand clothes which surely must have their own tales to tell. There are hundreds of second hand clothes shops in Budapest so, Sandra, you would be in heaven here!

    And how intriguing your brother's ventures are. He is obviously extremely knowledgeable in his field and has undertaken many interesting projects. He may know of Peter Korniss who is a friend of ours and a highly accomplished Hungarian photographer. His work has been represented in the National Gallery here in Budapest and he is a delightful man. His work is very powerful we think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an eclectic feast for the senses this is! The songs, many of which I don't know (I think While My Guitar Gently Weeps was just George Harrison after the Beatles broke up, wasn't it?), and all the photos. I'm going to look up your brother's book - I think I can just make out his name. I'm hoping it's at my library.

    I had an *interesting* dream the other night that involved Michael Caine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Sandra and lovely photos. Shame you missed out on spending time with your brother today but looks like you had a fun morning. I love your capes and seeing them makes me want to own one too. I will have to google the 100 boots photographer, what a great concept. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your brother's car is feeling quite well again :)
    Lovely pictures as always,

    Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Antin's style, what a fab idea, that book rocks as do you and your song that won't get out of my head generator, I want to hum Portishead's Glory Box but I'm stuck on Tracy Ullmann! Hope your bro's car gets better soon. Love your big snazzy pink bag and wishing it was this time last week and I was about to meet you all over again! Have a top weekend. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your retro style, lovely lady!!!
    the photos with the songs just cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, that was a fun time we just had hanging around the house. You are quite the DJ! I just love your style. Cute and spunky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So your brother knows a lot about photography then? He's written a BOOK! So impressed.
    But you know a lot about writing an entertaining blog, Sandra. I love the song choices (though I'm sorry, They Don't Know will always be Kirsty Macoll's song, not Tracey Ullmann's!) Funnily enough, I was only listening to Duel earlier today, love that song.
    You rock the capes, brooches and berets better than anyone, and yes, we are all responsible for ensuring that wonderful secondhand clothes continue to travel and have adventures. It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it!
    Have a good weekend, love! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the song choices. This was like being a contestant on a gameshow. I went through it going Ooooh Aaah. Hope you have a fab weekend xx

    Oh I accidentally commented under a different email account. Oops! Sorry! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great style Sandra! Kisses.
    http://www.solaanteelespejo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You came up with a fantastic outfit (though a bit spooky without hands, isn't it), and I always adore your face - beauty, and naughtiness, and loveliness! :)

    Now you have to tell us about your brother's book! Is it his because he wrote and published it? Or because he let you borrow the book from his personal library? I will not be able to sleep now. Till your next post anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia! and I was a little ambiguous about the book wasn't I! I didn't mean to be, he lent me it, have a lovely weekend! x x x

      Delete
  14. Can I come and hang out at your house????
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun and fantastic post, Sandra. It must be so much fun to hang out with you! I love your photos and your outfits and your taste in music. The armless photo is sort of creepy-hilarious. And you looks so cheeky! Have a super weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful post. Your jacket is incredibly gorgeous. I adore the style and that is one of my favourite patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab and fun, I'm so glad you shared what happened when you were left with your camera and music. You do make me smile.
    I was listening to Amy only this morning and I'm always singing 'We could have been anything...' accompanied by a bit of a dance. I know you do as well!! Have a great weekend.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhhhhhhhh this bag!!!!! i need it!!!!!! lovely look! kissssssssssssssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  19. An excellent post so much you! The music selection was fine and the photography ,too. I just noticed you have a thing with capes and should I say pink bags?

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look lovely, nice outfits!

    http://ladyparisienne.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats to your brother! You look lovely in this chiffon skirt Sandra! I wish you a wonderful Sunday with your adorable family!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  22. i adore you and adore that image of the boots and your idea of second hand clothes being on adventure! In years to come your clothes will whisper to each other of that crazy lady who danced and took photos and was the best time of their lives....of this i am certain! Oh and they will be forever in love with your marvellous boobs and pine for those days with you! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great song choices! And I think all my second-hand clothes have totally had adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the photos of the boots :D Did you dance around to all that music? I bet you did. Weekend long gone here, in fact I'm not entirely sure what day it is?? mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are such a pretty and animated model. Have you thought about going into modeling professionally? YOu should...A Happy Mother's Day to you... Hope today is a wonderful day. I'm sure it will be..

    I am improving with each passing day from my surgery --but the weekend was NOT a 'piece of cake' for me.... Oh Well... Keeps me honest, I guess... ha ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  26. cool capes!
    and lovely post!
    happy week,
    s

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are not only beautiful, but fun and wonderful.
    Thank you soooooooooooooo much for being part of Share-in-Style.
    Love and sunshine ALWAYS

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great music ,great pictures, great outfits !, wonderful Sandra ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh thank you for the lovely musical interlude, Ive responded by listening to Mario Lanza's version of Nesuun Dorma, who is my favourite tenor, also Carlo Buti. Waiting around looking glam while playing fab tunes, soaking up art, maybe a few outfit changes or touch ups, who can resist such luxurious moments? People who are forever rushing about on "important" business are so incredibly irritating to me ... live a little! And my dear, you make living a little look so good! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just popped in for a quick hug. And my answer is: I want something beautiful!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your sense of style and I really love that plaid capelet! I have a vintage cape, but I can never seem to find the right outfit to wear it with! :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, you will make my day