Tuesday 3 September 2013

Paloma Faith I ain't

Phew! I am far too old for parties.
Eldest had her 19th which was lovely, I started cleaning at mid-day and at mid-night I sat down.  As I was flagging at about 10pm I switched from Pimm's (well, blag Pimm's called Austin's from Aldi) to wine.
My Mum and Auntie twerked away and did suggestive door dancing, everyone twerks these days it seems, although since I learned the 'slut drop' at Christmas and buggered my knee I have kept away from saucy dancing altogether (I also once battered my pelvis on a bouncy castle, trying to get through a high 'window' that led to a slide, couldn't walk for a few days)


Typical birthday Mum shot, double chin and menstrual swelling - sweet!

Paloma was my inspiration for this outfit


Birthday Girl, My Mum and me awww

Of course, the most wonderful girls, I have missed  a few (sorry).  One very special one is going to Nottingham, we are going to miss her.

Grim, grim grim
I eventually took 2 days to 'get over it', I was blooming knackered!



The school run started today, honestly, I don't stop!
well, I say that
but I am a little on the lazy/idle side
so there have been essential nana naps and such
ya know, to help
oh, and coffee


I have fixed my chazza bag from Wales,
  as I destroy bag handles I have tried to give her a little support, I have installed firm gusseting for her,
I do know the importance of a firm gusset



I have to go my lovelies
I start training today, 
I need to get ready, and look fancy

see you soon 
 xxxxxxxxxxxxx




20 comments:

  1. I do love the firm gusset ... and your party outfit ... and a nana nap ... school runs not so much.
    Good luck with the training.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a good gusset is the foundation of any woman!! x I only have 1 year left of the school run! *weep/joy* x x

      Delete
  2. Too old for parties? Get off with you! You just need a bunch of like-minded ladies and you'd be partying till dawn!
    Love your party frock and adore Paloma! Delighted to hear that you've fixed your gusset. Good luck with the job! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great night was had, twerking and all! You and yours all look gorgeous!Rock on Paloma!XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Senior twerking is possibly the most disturbing/hilarious thing I have ever seen, my Mum and Aunt lack rhythm and movement (Ha, they are going to kill me!!) xx

      Delete
  4. It isn't a party unless there is at least a little bit of twerking going on! Your little dresses are so adorable. Oh Mama! Don't they grow up fast???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too fast! my babies!! - my family parties normally contain some silliness - the balloon dance performed by my Uncle was memorable, they have no shame!! thank goodness! x x

      Delete
  5. Wow, you eldest is the spitting image of you! Loving all these outfits- you always look so polished! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe! the eldest is like me despite her horror! and polished? you are too sweet, fuzzy angles do wonders for me x x

      Delete
  6. You crack me up ya know that! I think you must be a cool ass mum to host that party. You look cute you always look cute. Good luck at the job!
    Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids figure out their birthday parties, sometimes hours in advance! thank you for 'the cool ass mum' I want that on a 't' shirt to remind my kids of my awesomeness! x x

      Delete
  7. You might not be Paloma Faith, but you are a woman after my own heart - a firm gusset, naps, coffee, erotic dancing when under the influence, a self-confessed idler, and a sufferer after over-indulgence, sounds just like me! You looked gorgeous at the party, and your big girl is beautiful, just like her mama.
    Well done on being the Hostess with the Mostest, for fixing your gusset, and good luck with your training. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe! we rock!! aww, I blush at your lovliness, and the training is an excercise in being sensible, I nearly failed at it yesterday! the giggles nearly got us all x x

      Delete
  8. I adore your Paloma inspired outfit, and that cake - yum!

    Such a lovely party filled with beautiful ladies : )

    The best of luck with your training xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! the cake is ongoing, I loathe waste and insist the cakes must be eaten! them girls are gorgeous! x x

      Delete
  9. Amor,
    I adore your Paloma shiny skirt.You party ladies are all so gorgeous.That first day of school face pic is priceless.
    Thanks, I'm so glad my cards been guiding you.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those girls are gorgeous! and yep I look like that most mornings, I look forward to your posts and readings x x

      Delete
  10. Have I mentioned yet I love your glasses? I love your glasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe! thank you! x x you are a doll! xx :) - this is a smile!!- I am terrified I do the wrong symbol!

      Delete

Don't be shy, you will make my day